The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The Regional Bureau based in Nairobi, Kenya (RBN), provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
To Be Taken At (Country): Nairobi Kenya
About the Award: The selected candidate will support the Regional Evaluation Officer in providing support and oversight to the evaluation function in nine WFP Country Offices. Upon completion of the assignment, the intern will have:
· A deepened understanding of overall international development and humanitarian practice, particularly of the UN system;
· Obtained skills in coordinating processes that include a multitude of stakeholders;
· Gained results-based management skills required for international development projects, including design and management of complex evaluations.
Eligibility: Being currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate programme or having recently graduated with a university degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics, Food Security, Environment, Statistics or other relevant field;
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate relationships with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, local NGOs, government authorities, and other implementation partners;
· Research experience: including literature review – collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data using a variety of tools and approaches;
· Excellent knowledge of working with datasets and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
· Knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, R, Stata) is an asset;
· Experience or proven interest in evaluation of development/humanitarian interventions;
· Fluency in both oral and written English is essential; working knowledge in a second official WFP language preferably French is an advantage;
· Strong writing skills in English
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP equivalent to 14% of the UN Daily Subsistence Allowance at the duty station. In Nairobi, Kenya, the monthly stipend is a maximum of $1,000.00 per month;
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
Duration of Program: Duration of the Internship is five months – September 2017 through January 2018;
Award Providers: World Food Programme (WFP)